Thursday, July 3, 2008

Photomosaic final...Yay!

This is a continuation from a previous posting:

http://math5300blog.blogspot.com/2008/06/assign-9-q5.html

At this point I only got some of the ghosts done and ms. pac-man in some places only.

Here is my final image:



While I am please with how the mosaic turned out...I am not too sure why a 'thin' line to the right and below of some of my pixel-images can be noted. It almost looks like the 'pixel-pictures' were not big enough to fill in that 'little' sliver of piece to the right of it. Maybe I did not 'resize' some of the pixels enough??? I doubt this because I quickly found out what happens if you try and plug in a 'mis-sized' icon, while giving 20x20 coordinates (it does not work). I learned this because my orange ghost was not 20x20 when I tried to use it. If you look at my previous posting, where I showed the icons I used...you can see that the orange ghost is not the right size.

Well, I can account for the ms. pac-man icon because the screen grab I made of the image contains a small piece of the pacman 'maze' to the right and below of the pacman icon. As for the red ghost and pink ghost...I believe they were 'inside' the ghost house when I 'grabbed' them and so might have caught a small piece of the edge of the ghost house; thereby creating a small 'sliver' to the right of some 'pixel-icons'.

This was a fun project and if I had more time I would have liked to try and figure out how some people were able to create 'arrays' and in just a few steps plug in the icon-pics...instead of how I had to provide coordinates for each and EVERY icon on the mosaic...that was tedious!

Thanks for an interesting class Mike.

No comments: